I got the idea for a pinkalicious birthday party after reading Becky Higgins blog. I e-mailed her to see if I could use her invitation layout and she e-mailed me back rather quickly and said "Absolutely, Liz! That's the whole point of my blog ... to share so that others may be inspired to do. So yes, go on with the Pinkalicious invites and party and everything. Have so much fun!" I thought it was rather nice of her, I was grateful for her inspiration! I got the invitations done and Gracee was more than EXCITED to deliver them to her friends!
When Saturday arrived we spent the morning decorating the house in pink and putting the finishing touches on the cake. Since the invitation asked the guests to wear pink or red our whole family wore pink, even Ruffin had a pink sweater. Gracee who I might note owns 10+ pink wardrobe options had a mini meltdown that she didn't have anything pink to wear (don't ask Ruffin where she gets it!) I wasn't too worried knowing that eventually she would put on something but we were saved from any further worries when Ruffin walked in the door with a package from Grandma Judd. For Gracee's birthday she sent a little pink dress. Gracee had that dress on so quickly! When she had it on she twirled around and said "how did Grandma Judd know I needed something pink to wear!" Thanks again Grandma Judd, you saved the morning!Guests started arriving at 2. I wish I could bottle up Gracee and Emme's excitement and keep it forever it was so sweet! When everyone arrived we played a few games, read Pinkalicious, colored paper cupcakes, played pin the cupcake on Pinkalicious, opened presents, and ate cupcakes while reading Purplicious. It was an eventful 2 hours! Gracee loved every second of it!!
Gracee was pretty close to getting the cupcake on Pinkalicious's hand!
My friend Shauna decorated the cupcakes and cakes, she is so talented! She did a great job making them look like the one on the book!
To send home with the party guests Gracee and Emme helped me make glittery pink playdough. She had nine friends that came and had a blast with them!


I loved how the inside of the cake looked!
This picture makes me smile. It is one of the many attempts to get a picture of the three of them. I love them SO much and will never forget this perfect pink day we spent together!
9 comments:
I love it Liz!! THat is one of Ellie's favorite books and we almost had the same kind of party last year... I might have to steal some of your ideas in the future!!
I love that last picture! I just want to pinch Lucie's cute legs. Emme's and Gracee's expressions are priceless. Happy birthday, Gracee!
I am so sad we missed it :( Amanda said it was great!
Oh I really wish I could have been there!! I am so glad you all had so much fun!! And think everyone needs a good birthday week:)
Oh Liz! I LOVE this idea. Pinkalicious is both my girls FAVORITE book. I'm SO doing this for Allie's birthday!
HaPPy HaPPy BiRtHdAy Gracee!
oh what a great idea. Kate loves that book but i never thought of making a theme out of it. I may have to steal this idea.
I have never heard of Pinkalicious...can you tell I have boys?! But man, that party is right up my alley! So girly and pink, I LOVE it! Can't believe that Gracee is so big!
You are unreal- way to go above and beyond! A Birthday she'll never forget! I love the cupcakes! So much fun- wish we could have come crash the party!
So fun! I love that Ruffin wore pink too. He loves those little munchkins.
Post a Comment