2.01.2010

Emme {3}

Dear Emme,

I absolutely love you! You are such a beautiful little girl! This past year has been fun, crazy and full of laughs. You are growing up so quickly and I love all our adventures together. You like to do whatever Gracee is doing. The whole time you were two you would tell me you were two but pretending to be four. When I ask you what color your eyes are you ALWAYS say pink and will not hear of them being green. You love Strawberry Shortcake and love to pretend to be her, I think I hear at least once a day: "I not Emme, I Strawberry Shortcake." You love to wake up Lucie, I never stay upset long especially when you say "I sorry mommy, I just love her." Lucie may not get a full nap in on somedays but she always has someone to play with and entertain her.
You remind me daily to find joy in the little things in life. Your face lights up over a horsey ride on my back, a small piece of candy, playing dolls with me and coloring. I love your sweet smile and your cheesy smile that you give sometimes when you want to get the camera out of your face:)

Your favorite activities include playing with dolls, playing house, coloring, making crafts, playing dress-up, putting on my make-up, pushing a little cart at the grocery store, and helping me in the kitchen.

You are such a happy little girl and we love having you in our family!!!

Love, Mom

dear.emme
i.love.emme.
i.love.to.play.with.you.
love.gracee

I asked Emme a few questions all of which I could have answered without even asking her except the apples, she loves apples but I think that it was the first food she thought of when I asked her.

favorite color: pink
favorite food: apples
favorite game: uno moo
what color are your eyes: pink
favorite toy: my pony
favorite part of the day: um... summer!
favorite thing to drink: pink milk
favorite book: Fancy Nancy
favorite movie: sleeping beauty
favorite thing to play with Gracee: house

I love looking back on pictures throughout the year. Here are a few (well quite a few:) of Emme age 2.
Mastering the art of fake sleeping:)
I just love her little cheeks and sweet smile! She always has a little sparkle in her eye especially when she is doing something she knows she shouldn't.
She wore hats outside all summer long. As for those boots, she loves those boots, it will be a sad day when she grows out of them!
This past year Emme got really good at dressing herself from head to toe, sometimes it didn't quite go together but she was always quite pleased with herself.
I will never forget her getting into the concentrated karo syrup... Oh what a mess!! Her face is hilarious though.
Emme was so excited to get a new sister. The week we brought Lucie home Emme decided that she no longer needed to sleep in her crib, and refused to wear a diaper. It was alot of change in our house in one week!
We spent hours and hours outside playing, Emme loved every second of it!
She continues to like snakes, Ruffin is glad to have someone that will hold them with him.
Emme LOVES camping and eating smores! This past summer was full of both!
I had to include this picture because after all Emme's favorite part of the day is summer:)
Emme got really good at riding her bike.
Emme got into my makeup a few too many times.
Emme would stay in the bathtub for hours if I let her. These two have so much fun splashing and washing each others hair.
Emme on Halloween being a cute little raggedy Ann.
Making a birthday wish and happy to be one year older.
Emme and her sisters on her birthday.
I love you Little MISS!

2 comments:

tania said...

Your girls all look so different, its crazy! I guess I am used to my cookie cutter kids.
All these pictures are so cute...I love your style. I've only met Emme like twice and both times I totally fell in love with her. She is so sweet!

I am going to steal this letter/age idea, too- hope that's okay!

Olivia said...

I love this little girl and can't believe she's already three! Where has the time gone?? She has such a fun personality and I love to spend time with her!! I loved all the pictures of her sweet face you posted made me want to drive to Idaho to hug her!