I love you to the moon and back five million billion trillion times! Five years ago I brought you home from the hospital, you were so little. We have been together nearly every single day for those five years, everyday you teach me something new about being a mother and for that I really am grateful.
This past year I have watched you become quite the little lady. You are an incredible big sister. You are always watching out for Emme. When you go to the doctor and Emme isn't with us you ask for two stickers so you can take one home for her, when we are at the store without Emme you always ask for two smarties so you can take one home for her, I am grateful for your thoughtfulness you are a good example to me. Occasionally you have a tough time sharing your toys and things with Emme but for the most part you are very good to her, I am quite sure you two will always be close.
In April when we welcomed Lucie into our family, you were a big help! You loved to hold her sometimes for a half hour or longer. You were so excited to visit me at the hospital and come and meet Lucie, it was fun to see your excitement! Now that Lucie is 9 months old you continue to be a big helper to me. When we get home you always get Lucie out of her car seat, after she is done eating you get a rag to wipe her face clean and then get her out of her high chair. You are always looking out for her, just yesterday I went out of the room and when I returned you held up one of your dress-up earrings and said "Lucie had this in her mouth, but I got it out and rescued her." You are good to keep an eagle eye on her to make sure she doesn't get anything in her mouth she shouldn't.
You are very kind. I was watching you in dance class the other day and the teacher asked everyone to find their numbers, everyone found their number but one little girl was lost and was troubled. You quickly ran over and helped her over to her number, and then jumped back on your number with a big smile on your face. After class I told you I had seen how kind you had been to the little girl and you simply said, "Well mom, I did know where she needed to go so I just showed her." I am grateful to see you think of others, once again you are a great example to me and remind me just how I should treat everyone.
This past year you got your first flu shot. It was traumatic and you got very upset about it. After getting your first shot you told me you were going to live at Veniece's house because they wouldn't make you get flu shots. When I informed you that they would have probably had you in to the doctors right when the flu shots were available you informed me that you were going to live all by yourself so that you would NEVER ever have to get a flu shot again... You still came to dinner that night and seemed to get over it. When it came time to get the additional shot one month later because it was your first flu shot you cried if I even mentioned the words doctor, or shot. I had to hold you down and it was awful I couldn't help but think how much alike we are (I imagine I acted similiar at the doctors when I was little). I wish I could take all of your shots for you, I hate to see you worry or get nervous. Know that I love you and only make you get your shots because I want you to be healthy!
You love to learn. You know your alphabet inside and out. You are starting to write words and you love to write them wherever you can find a space. Your favorite things to write are: I love dad, I love mom, I love emme, I love lucie and of course your name. You absolutely love to get on my computer and if the internet page is up you love to type in the google search engine. When I ask you what you are doing you say "this is my computer and I doing some typing." When you type you put a period for a space so your typing looks.like.this. I tried to teach you about the space bar but you continue to use a period. You love it when we read books together and when we do your preschool worksheets. I love to see that you have such a desire to learn and hope you never lose that desire.
You love to play house. You love all your dolls and carry them around, feed them, burp them and there is no doubt in my mind that you will be a great mommy someday. You love to play house with Emme and it is a daily battle who plays the mommy. One day you begged me to play along and you wanted me to be the sister with Emme. It was about the time I needed to start preparing dinner, so I said sure I will go play dress-up with Emme while you prepare dinner. Off I went with Emme to get all dressed up like a princess and you set to work to get dinner ready. When we came back in the kitchen you said "Ah mom that is too much work to do all by my self." Since then you have gotten good at a few things in the kitchen you can do them almost all by yourself. Instant Oatmeal, all I have to do is double check the right measuring cup to measure your water with, you then get your bowl, the water and put it in the microwave by yourself. The other thing you like to make by yourself is ramen noodles, I turn the burner on and supervise but you do a pretty good job all by yourself. You also like to get your own bowl of cereal and although you make me nervous pouring the milk sometimes I let you do it all on your own.
This past year of your life has been filled with trips to the doctor's office for reoccuring bladder and u.t. infections. You were especially brave when we had to get some tests done at the hospital. It has not been fun but you have been a good sport about it all. We are finally going to the uroligist and hopefully we can figure out why they keep reoccuring. On one occasion the doctor put you on a different antibiotic than you had been on and it tasted particularly yucky. I had been accustomed to letting you take the previous antibiotic by yourself after I measured it. I continued to do the same thing with the new medicine. Well one time you came back after several minutes and announced you were all done. I jokingly said "you ate it all up, are you sure?" Now I hadn't watched you closely I just trusted that you had been taking it... Well when I asked you and you said "yes" you definitely had that twinkle in your eye that told me you had indeed not taken it! I immediately asked what you had done with it and you answered "you know." I assured you I didn't know and made you take me to show me where it was. I followed you to the tv where there in the corner was several days worth of antibiotics on the floor. I was a little upset to see it but learned my lesson and did not let you leave the table after that. I must admit you were pretty smart to wait a bit before bringing me back the medicine dropper because it usually took you a minute to gag it down so when you were disposing of it, you would get rid of it and wait a bit then bring it to me...You don't like to take your medicine that is for sure!
You love to go to dance class, you have it with Emme every Wednesday at 10 am. After dance we always go to Great Harvest and Buy some bread. Other outings that we go on that you love are trips to the library and the grocery store. At the library you love story time, playing on the computers and sitting in a quiet corner and reading with me. At the Grocery store you love to push your own little cart. (I have learned when I stop I hold my foot up in the back thus eliminating my need to bite my lower lip and double over in pain from a shopping cart being rammed into my legs.) You love to help me pick out veggies and weigh them. When you get them on the scale you love to wait and see what number the pointer lands on and yell out the number. I occasionally take you to Wal-mart with me and when I do it is always an adventure. One time we went and we were all there even your dad and we were looking at something in the electronics department and in less than a second you had dissappeared. I became FRANTIC, it was the worst feeling! I circled the store twice while your dad got help and still we couldn't find you. I then had the thought to look in the dressing rooms. Sure enough you had gotten yourself some clothes and were trying them on. You had even gotten the right size, I was relieved beyond words. I hugged you probably a little too tight and you promised you would never do it again.
One day this past year we got into somewhat of a disagreement. I had told you that you could not have another popsicle. You threw a fit and began to fake cry. I responded by ignoring you and leaving the room. You got pretty upset and followed me and began to really scream. I took you to your room and left you there because to be honest I didn't know quite what to do with you! I went into the other room and after a few minutes you stopped crying. I went into to talk with you and you were smiling. I asked you what made you feel better. You then told me that you had said a prayer and you felt better. I gave you a big hug and asked you what you had said in your prayer. Your prayer was simple: "that mommy wouldn't be mean and give me what I wanted." I laughed right out loud! At least you had prayed and knew that by praying you could get rid of anger... I do believe that after we hugged and talked for a little while we both ate a popsicle...
I remember when I brought you home from the hospital I felt like there was so much I needed to teach you and I felt overwhelmed. I now realize that you have so much to teach me and I feel blessed. I love you and grateful for you and all the things you have taught me. I am grateful to be your mother!
Love,
Mom
Some of your FAVORITE things: Pink = your responses:)
Book: (You went and got a whole stack and wanted me to write everyone of them down.) Pinkalicious, Purplicious, Pigs love Potatoes, A mud pie for mother, Would I ever lie to you, The never forgotten doll, The chicken of the family, Princess Tales, The Magical ballet slipper, Cinderella
Movie: Tinkerbell
T.V. Show: Plum Perfect I told you this wasn't a tv show and you insisted, you then said alright Lost, I then said Grace you have never seen Lost and your response was you like it, I like it!
Part of the Day: Story Time
Food: pizza
Veggie: broccoli and brussell sprouts
Fruit: Kiwi, apples and bananas
Thing to do with Mom: go shopping
Thing to do with Dad: go on daughter dates
Color: PINK & Purple
Thing to do as a Family: read scriptures & saying prayers
Toy: dolls
Thing about Primary: when we sing and color
About Emme: that she shares her toys
About Lucie: that she is a baby
About Mom: that you love me
About Dad: that he takes me to the park
To do outside: play in the snow and make a snowman
Place to travel to: Austin's house
Flavor of icecream: Huckleberry & bubblegum
treat: fishies -real fishies- kidding not real ones
Holiday: Christmas
game: The pizza game
Thing to wear: dresses
Thing to drink: pink milk
After asking you all these questions I remember that you love to say funny things to trick me and then say "April Fools." It has been April fools around our house for quite a few days!
Love you!
This summer you begged every day to go to the splash park! You were even brave enough to go down the slide a couple of times!
You LOVE your little sister! Thank-you for being so good to Lucie and Emme!
You were a great little helper planting, weeding and harvesting our garden!
You are a Girly girl through and through!!! You love pedicures, manicures, painting your nails and anything to do with getting pretty! That aside I do need to mention you love your Aunt Ollie and often ask me to take you to her huse.
When you watch a show this is a common occurence.
No comments:
Post a Comment