2.24.2009

YUCK!!!

Having a snake in our house up until yesterday hasn't been too traumatic... First let me explain that a couple of months ago the snake refused to eat its diet of frozen food. I admit that it crossed my mind that I wouldn't be bothered if the snake didn't make it. After a few failed attempts at feeding his snake Ruffin went to the pet store and bought a live feeder mouse. Emme was thrilled, she held the little box and kept saying "I like it." All I could think was how can MY daughter like this little rodent and how is she going to handle it when it is time to say goodbye? Ruffin let them watch it eat and they both didn't mind it. I think it is awful for them to watch it but Ruffin is convinced if they watch the snake eat they won't ever want a gerbil or hamster or other type of rodent as a pet...
So yesterday I happened to be in the part of town where the pet store is located and of course it just so happened that the snake needed to be fed for the week...
This is where the drama begins... We were leaving the house and had the little container of course Gracee and Emme fought over who got to carry it to the car. Emme was picked to carry it to the car and when she fell asleep clutching the container Gracee got her turn. Why is this so fun for them? When we got to the pet store I sat in the parking lot for 5 minutes getting the courage up to go inside... Gracee led the way as she has been with Ruffin before to get the mouse. We got some help and the man held up a mouse and said how is this one? I gagged and really had to pull myself together so I didn't throw up right there in the store... I don't know if it is worse for me being pregnant (probably not) but it was so GROSS!!!! I gagged on the way out of the store and for ten minutes in the car... That is definitely one job I can NEVER do again!!!!!!!!On a side note: I do appreciate that Ruffin does bleach everything the mouse touches and is good to keep the germs to a minimum:)

6 comments:

Cherish said...

So, so gross!! Your little princesses have an interesting like for the disgusting!!

Ashley said...

That little Emme.....what a cutie!

Olivia said...

Yes! Yes Liz it's pretty gross - I just think you and I will never out grow our hatred of rodents from our childhood. Don't even want to think about it at the moment!! And for the record I would have gone in and gotten the mouse for you. As long as Gracee would have carried the container out and then we could have drenched our hands in sanitizer!!

Victoria said...

Oh, come on liz. Snakes are the best pets to have because they don't pee all over the house, they don't shed, you only have to feed them once a week and they make great accessories around your wrist or waist (I wouldn't try it around your neck;)) When I was a kid my snake food got out while we were on vacation and we had to search for them around the house (and one of them was supposed to have babies any day!).

Katie said...

oh my gosh!! That is disgusting!! YUCK is right!!

Marianna said...

Um I'm pretty sure that I would have barfed right then and there....actually I probably wouldn't have even gone into that nasty place!!!! AHHHHH your amazing for first of all having a snake that makes you have ot have MICE!!! in your car and second for setting foot in that store. Your amazing that is all I have to say:)