While Olivia was here she gave Emme a belated birthday present. Emme was SO excited for an Amish rocking chair of her very own!
While Emme was taking a nap Gracee got their rocking chairs and doll cribs all ready to watch a show together. This has since been a permanent set up in our living room and both have spent some quality time rocking their dolls! Thank-You Olivia for giving them such ADORABLE rocking chairs!
When Olivia had to go home on Monday afternoon it was sad and poor Gracee did not take it well at all. I had baked some cookies to send with Olivia and she had them in a ziploc and Gracee said "You have to make a choice, either you keep the cookies and stay here, or you go and you don't get the cookies." (It was scary how much it sounded like me giving her a choice about something!) Olivia of course took the cookies anyway and got Gracee to help her carry some of her things out to her car. On the way out I was behind them and Gracee said to Olivia "you can't go, we haven't seen you in a lot of years." When they got to the car Gracee then told Olivia that she was going with her. She really tried her best, it really was cute and rather sad all at the same time. As we stood by the door to wave goodbye Gracee was doing ok but then she started to sob and by sob I mean the kind where your whole body shakes. I got her calmed down and we went inside and she cried some more until we got a game out to play.Twenty minutes later Gracee noticed Olivia had left her water bottle and wanted to walk and give it to her. I had to convince her Olivia would be ok without it until we went to Utah and we would take it to her. (She was of course worried about the water getting warm:)
We only had one more episode of sadness which was at bedtime when I went to read the new book Olivia had given her and started reading to her... She finally let me read it and a couple of pages into it she said "who is going to sleep in my bed with me like Aunt Ollie did? Mom, I miss Aunt Ollie!"
We all hope it won't be "a lot of years" before she visits again!
5 comments:
Too cute the way those girls love Olivia. It makes me wish we lived closer, too, so Lilly could see her Aunt Liz and Aunt Ollie more.
OH! It's about all I can do to
not get in my car right now drive to Rexburg. It's times like these that I wish I wasn't all grown up with responsibilities. And Annie- I'm ready to buy a house in the same neighborhood as soon as you and Liz are:)
Olivia: After this last trip, I think i need to get a written contract signed with you about the nanny business if you don't get married. Let me know your terms.
Ruffin
Oh Gracee Kaye...you doll! It's amazing how time is so distorted to us when we are little!
Those chairs are too cute!!!! Olivia you are the best!
Post a Comment