8.07.2008

5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!

I can hardly believe that it has been 5 years since my wedding day. I will never forget that day, I sometimes wish I could relive it... We got married in the Salt Lake Temple and it was the most beautiful day! I can remember entering the temple and seeing Ruffin and being SO EXCITED!!! It was my first time in the SL Temple and it was so beautiful. We got married on a Thursday in the late afternoon so there weren't very many other marriages going on which was nice. Before they took us into the sealing room we got to sit in the Celestial room for about 10 minutes... I will never forget that moment... So grateful to be getting married to my best friend for eternity, my heart skips a beat just thinking about it:)!
Our sealing was WONDerFuL of course, I remember I couldn't stop smiling! So many of our friends and family were there we felt so loved!PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Since that day...
5 things I have learned
1. my children have/will teach me many life lessons
2. I am more in love with Ruffin than on our wedding day (I didn't think it was possible.)
3. I can clean up just about any mess my kids make:)
4. Our family is ALWAYS blessed when Ruffin and I attend the Temple regularly.
5. Some of the things I thought were important aren't anymore, some of my priorities have shifted.

5 things we have done together
1. We became parents. Our two girls are our biggest blessings!
2. We have moved 4 times.
3. We built a home together.
4. We have been to 9 temples together.
5. We both Graduated from college (I am having a hard time coming up with a fifth one:)

5 of my favorite things about Ruffin
1. He always puts my wants/needs above his own. He is good at doing acts of service for me.
2. He loves our girls and spends his spare time reading to them, painting their nails, and playing with them.
3. He is highly motivated and is always striving to be a better person.
4. He loves the Lord and holds the priesthood. (I am grateful for the power and strength it brings in our home.)
5. He always helps clean the house, change diapers and cook meals when he can. (I am especially love that he will cook when he is home:)

5 of our goals
1. Go to England together.
2. Take a ballroom class (this is really my desire but Ruffin has said he would really think about it, besides in case we ever go to a dance again we would have some good moves to pull out:)
3. We want to take our Girls to Disneyland (we will only do this when Gracee will ride the carousel again.)
4. Take a romantic gondola ride in Italy.
5. Go on a fun family vacation every year.

LOVE YOU RUFFIN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary you two! I'm glad we got to be there for the big day. I still remember it. It was SO hot but you guys are worth it. :-)

Cherish said...

You guys are so cute, we love your little family and are so grateful for your friendship. Gracee's still boycotting the carousel? Congratulations again on 5 years!!

Marci said...

My favorite picture is the last with your cute flip flop shoe sticking out! ha ha! I loved that you let me do your hair for that beautiful event! Thank you for trusting me...oh and please go back and vote on our blog (tell Ruffin to as well). I forgot to post the poll last night.