I am SO Grateful for this day! Ruffin and I were able to attend the Dedication of the Rexburg Temple this morning and it was wonderful. As I entered the Stake Center I could tell that my emotions were a little close to the surface. Last week our Bishop told us that the Stake Center would become an extension of the Temple for this special event and to act appropriately. I could definitely feel that special spirit that is inside the Temple and was so excited to hear President Monson. President Monson, Elder Bednar and Elder Nelson were all there (President Eyring was supposed to be there but President Monson said that he had broken his ankle and was disappointed that his doctor told him he would have to stay home.)When they were putting morter in the cornerstone of the temple President Monson was cracking jokes, it was hilarious! My favorite was when a small boy was putting some mortor on the cornerstone they told Pres. Monson that his name was Elijah and Pres. Monson said "with a name like that you oughta be helping with the temple.":) President Monson also said that he was thrilled that his first official act as President of the Church was to dedicate the Rexburg Temple.
I left the Stake Center drying my eyes (I tried to pull myself together because I felt like I was the only emotional wreck:) it was a beautiful dedication!
I feel so Grateful to have had the opportunity to live down the hill from this beautiful building and watch the progress daily. Two summers ago we watched as big semi trucks would drive up the hill with big sections of the exterior walls. It has been fun to teach Gracee about the temple and see her excitement for it to get built.
After we attended the dedication at 9am we picked up our girls from our neighbors who were going to the dedication at 4 o'clock. (They had 4 dedications throughout the day) We then took them up to the temple and walked around and took some pictures... The sky was so beautiful, there was NO wind, it wasn't freezing (cold but not freezing) it was just a special day! I explained to Gracee that the Prophet was inside the Temple today dedicating it so that Mommy and Daddy and others could go inside and do the Lords special work. She was just excited the whole day and when we got out of the car to take pictures she said "Mommy I get married here, that be alright?" I smiled and I'll be honest shed a little tear (probably something in my eye:) Anyway in response to Gracee's question I told her that I would absolutely love it if she got married in the temple! Gracee then thought for a moment and said "Emme too, Emme get married in the temple." It was so cute!
Here is Gracee and I standing by the cornerstone that they put the mortor in... They still had two more dedications to go so I assuming that is why there is still some holes yet to be filled. Can you imagine how tired that President Monson was after doing the dedication 4 times... I really think that the Prophet and his counselors and the Quorum of the Twelve are amazing because of all they do and all the places they go.
Here we are minus Emme of course who was sleeping in the car. (Don't worry the car was running right across the street we didn't go far at all to take this picture.)
Emme missed her morning nap so she was pretty tired!
I don't think that I can express in words how grateful I am for this Temple to be built! I am especially grateful for Temples in general and the work and ordinances that occur inside Temples. I am Grateful to have been married in the Salt Lake Temple and that we can be a FOREVER family! I am grateful that inside Temples we can do baptisms for the dead and other work for them as well. I LOVE the Temple!
5 comments:
What a neat experience for you guys! I bet the dedication was wonderful and it was a great ending to the process you have been watching. I can't wait to come and do a session as soon as it slows down.
Liz I'm so glad you found our blog. I can't believe Emme is one! Your girls are so cute and it's so fun to see what you have been up to. I will definitely be coming back...
How wonderful to be able to attend the dedication. And so sweet that Gracee already has the spirit of temple work.
How cool that you got to be part of that. It really is a pretty temple!
Liz, your hair looks great in these pictures. Have you had it touched up? Love you!
Post a Comment