I was able to serve at the Temple open house yesterday and had a great time... As I drove to the temple I thought to myself, I sure hope I do not have to put on booties for the people going through. I had already served lemonade so I was hoping that perhaps I could be an usher or something... Well when I got there they were short people to put the booties on so of course I said I would be happy to do that job... It wasn't long doing it that I realized that it was probably one of the funnest places to serve at the open house.
It was fun to see people's reaction when they realized we would put the booties on for them. Alot of people would say "this must be an awful job to do." We would usually tell them that is was actually quite fun. One lady said she felt like Cinderella as we put the booties on her feet... The general response from people was gratitude... I was only kneed in the forehead once and I only had one man that kept moving his foot to the side right as I tried to put the bootie over his shoe (after the third time I started laughing and he finally let me put it on.
I also loved to see the excited little kids who you could tell knew they were going somewhere special. I am grateful to have had the chance to serve at the temple open house... I am also grateful to belong to a church that provides us with so many wonderful opportunities to serve!
2 comments:
SO SO LUCKY! Thanks for sharing this experience. I miss seeing it's progress, and now it's just about finished. I have just been wishing I could go through. I bet it's beautiful!
So cool that you got to do this!
Post a Comment