9.02.2007

Thursday thru Saturday

On Thursday, August 30th we went to Marianna and Kera's volleyball game in Ririe. Those that went were, me (of course), Gracee, Emme, Olivia, and Grandpa Stan, or as Gracee calls him Papa Great. Grandpa took us to dinner and we tried the new restaurant the Hard hat... It wasn't our favorite, but we had fun. We started out the meal with Gracee spilling a glass of water everywhere and Grandpa said "I knew someone was going to get that done." Emme enjoyed the scones and chewed on one the whole meal... Gracee's favorite part of eating out was sampling everyone's dish and eating a good part of her macaroni and cheese. Everyone cleaning up the water mess... Gracee watched (with quite the glum look
on her face.)
Grandpa, Olivia and Gracee waiting for dinner
at the Hard Hat Grill.

Gracee holding up the breadstick she got from Grandpa,
she also enjoyed some of his noodles.

Emme enjoying the scone!
In between bites from everyone's plates Gracee ate some of her food.
-

When we finished eating we drove to Ririe (with Grandpa holding his breathe with every corner that I took), I wasn't really even driving that fast. They lost the game but Gracee had so much fun cheering it didn't matter. The bleachers weren't great to sit in because Gracee kept losing her flip flop and Emme her toy, next time we will go a little more prepared. Aunt Debra rode back to Rexburg with us and before going home we stopped and got ice-cream. We had fun and Gracee was excited because she got pink ice-cream (Just as long as it is pink she's happy!)
The only picture I got of Marianna #21 and Kera #3
Aunt Debra, Grandpa Stan, Olivia, Gracee and I eating our ice-cream at The Backyard

Friday was quite the sad day because we had to say good-bye to Olivia... Gracee was convinced that she was going with her. Olivia was packing her car and Gracee would not get out of the front seat, I tried to explain to her that Aunt Olivia was going to live in Utah to work at her new job. Gracee then explained to us that Ollie had a job and she had a job and she was riding in the front seat. I managed to get Gracee out of the car for a few minutes and during that time Olivia packed up the front seat. This did not phase Gracee because she simply crawled on the boxes and sat with her head against the windshield. I thought that it was going to be dramatic when she drove away but Olivia explained to Gracee that she had to leave and couldn't take her with her. Gracee must have decided to be OK with it because she simply waved and said "Bye-bye, Ollie." As we watched her drive away she said "mom, call Ollie, call her, call her). I don't know if she thought I was going to make her come back but it was funny.
Saturday was a fun day of shopping for Gracee, Emme and I. Ruffin had to spend the entire day at the State Fair where his business had a booth. He had a good day and got a lot of good contacts! Meanwhile us girls went to Kohl's. We went there because of the small kiddie toilet (Just kidding, but Gracee loves it and insists on going to the bathroom 5 plus times while we are there.) The real reason we stopped by Kohl's is to get a $3.oo skirt. I bought Gracee a yellow one awhile ago and she wants to wear it all the time so we got her a different color. On the way home we stopped at Wal-Mart and I let Gracee look at the dolls since we had time to spare. Well she was looking at a toy and when I told her it was time to put it away she said "I want it, I want it SO bad... I shook my head and said Gracee, you do not want it SO bad, please put it back. She said "alright" (one of her favorite words), and put the toy back and we went on our way.
We have definitely had a fun couple of days! Gracee and Emme are both growing up so fast and changing everyday! They make me smile!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Just reading of your fun adventures makes Auntie Marci smile too, Gracee. I love you guys!