11.16.2010

Halloween {2010}

We love Halloween. This year my mom came to visit a couple of weeks before Halloween and made these ice cream cones for my girls. I love that I have such a talented mom! One of my favorite moments was when I was stuffing Emme's costume she kept falling over and declaring "I am MELTING!" Needless to say it took the longest to get her stuffed:)
This year all three were so excited to go trick or treating.
Lucie kept repeating "nany, nany, nany!"
Lucie didn't end up venturing to that many doors but still ended up with lots of candy because Emme was persistent the entire night to get a piece for her.
A family snapshot: Ruffin is the ice cream man, I am a bucket of neapolitan icecream.
We went to Gracee's school to watch her costume parade. The teacher told them to be quiet I am guessing, She did this pose the ENTIRE parade. I love her:)!
Gracee and her teacher Ms. Bowman.
We crashed Gracee's party after the parade. Emme got to participate in all the activities and was in HEAVEN!!! We took the candy men for a treat to pass out. Some of the boys were playing with them like they were action figures, they popped they heads off and were dissappointed. I am afraid the super glue isn't that durable.
All dressed up for dance class. They had to take a treat, again they took the candy men.
My cute little melting ice cream cone dancing away.
Painting pumpkins.
A stop at the mall where we went to story hour at barnes and noble. Of course we had to squish them in the icecream truck.
This gorilla was a little frightening but Gracee was brave and stood by him. After I took the picture she came over to me and said after a big sigh "that was kinda scary but I knew he wasn't real!"
We stood in a long line for a slightly lame carnival, loved this smile of Emme's though.
And I have to include these pictures. They were so excited to see all their candy.
Lucie cried more than a little when I wisked all her candy away.
We didn't do all of these things in one night but rather throughout the week, by the end we were pretty tired!

6 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Liz, I don't know if you remember me exactly, but I went to school with Ruffin, and I follow your blog (even though I never comment). I just had to, though, because those costumes are AMAZING!! They are the cutest things I have ever seen--seriously. And I love your and Ruffin's costumes. They make the girls' even better. :)

Olivia said...

Love this post and love those girls!!!

Lefty said...

I ADORE these costumes! You and your mom are incredible--so great.

We miss you. The girls talk about Grace and Emme and Lucie a lot.

Oh--and today I saw Sam and Mary at Walmart! That was a fun surprise.

Hope you are well and having a good time.

rachel said...

THE BEST COSTUMES EVER! THE END.

Jessica said...

W O W!!! Those costumes should be in a sewing magazine or family fun or grandma-of-the-year billboard!!! I can't get over them! AWESOME!

Erin said...

Those are the cutest costumes ever! I love that you all coordinated!