6.19.2010

I Love MY five year old!

A few things about Gracee
~ She is is fun to have around and is always making me smile. She recently learned how to draw stars and she writes them everywhere and always asks "Do you love my rock stars?" Once I replied by saying "you mean your stars?" and she quickly responded with "NO they are not stars they are ROCK stars!"
~ Gracee loves to pose for my camera and I am really grateful for a willing little subject. I took her out to take her silhouette picture and she was so excited to stay up just a bit later and go outside with me as the sun was setting. I placed her where I wanted her and told her to strike a pose. The above pose was what she came up with and she was so excited to see it. When she made it over to the camera she was really frustrated that she couldn't see her face. I took a few pictures of her up close and she was happy.
~One night I was laying by her and we were talking about a book we had just read and it sparked a memory and she told me the following story: Mommy when we watched that movie with Tina (Kristina) and oseph (Joseph Smith) went to the woods and prayed and Jesus came I knew Jesus was good for me and I told Emme. It was such a sweet little testimony, I am so glad she shared it with me. I am grateful for her strength and it is in moments like that I understand what the scriptures mean when they say we need to become like a little child. She is so full of Faith!
~Gracee LOVES anything to do with weddings and kissing. The other day she was watching Princes and a Frog and when they were about to kiss she said "Mom, you don't want to miss this!" When we were in the grocery store she picked herself up a wedding guide magazine. It kept her occupied for an hour and half. She found the dress of her dreams only it was sleeveless. We talked about why it needed sleeves and had a good little discussion about it and later at dinner she said "I know we can just go to Wal-mart and buy a big sweater to go over it!" She also told me recently "mom, I don't know his name yet but he is going to be handsome!" When I asked her who she replied "my prince mom!"

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I love your little 5 year old too! Can't wait for a little summer FUN!!!!

Jessica said...

What a dream! I love what you wrote about Gracee and I'm sure she'll be so grateful you recorded those moments (her husband will be too)!!