8.28.2009

Gracee {4½}

I was thinking the other day what it was like when Gracee was just a baby. I was at home all day with her and I can remember holding her for most of the day. I can't believe how fast the last 4½ years have gone by. She is getting so big and it has been fun to watch her grow. It has been amazing to discover her personality, see her interact with her sisters, learn her likes and dislikes and to have her in our family!

~Gracee is a happy little girl. She has her days or moments when she is a little grumpy but overall she is happy and I love to be around her.
~She is very patient about me always taking her picture:). In this picture we went to the farmers market one night and she climbed up on a ledge and said "mom take my picture right here." I was glad that I had my camera, she posed herself and smiled without me saying one word.
~Gracee LOVES her dolly... The name of her doll changes everyday. Today it is Marabelle. Gracee always has her doll with her when we go somewhere and always begs to take her into the store or into church with us. One day as we were getting out of our car at church I told Gracee she needed to leave her doll in the car. Gracee's reply was simply "you don't leave your baby in the car, how can I leave my baby in the car?"
~Gracee was SO excited to grow a garden this year and she has been a really good helper. She loved planting the seeds and stuck with picking peas longer than I expected. Gracee also picked all these pototoes (with the help of her grandpa).
~Gracee loves to learn. I have a couple of workbooks and some other activites that we do and when we get started she always begs to do "just one more page!" It has been great to watch her learn her abc's and see her progress as she has learned to write them and learn their sounds. I hope she will always have a love for learning.
~We have been in and out of the doctors office the last couple of months trying to figure out why Gracee has been having reoccuring bladder infections and UTI's. After the third round of Antibiotics we went to hospital for some testing. Her kidneys looked fine and nothing on the x-rays looked abnormal. Getting the x-rays was pretty scary and it took a little convincing to get Gracee to lay on the table. We made it through and she was so proud of the paper she got saying how brave she was and she was so excited that the bottom of the paper had a coupon for a cookie at the cafeteria:) For now Gracee is doing great and we are drinking LOTS and LOTS of water and cranberry juice.
I love this little girl!!!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

That is so interesting, Ellie gets those ALL the time too and they started at about Gracee's age. She would get one after another and then get an ear infection from all of the antibiotic after antibiotic.
Let me know if they find out what it is that is causing them.

The Huzzey's said...

I just ran into your blog and this was so fun to read about Gracee. I remember playing with her in nursery!! She has grown soo much!

Olivia said...

Give her an extra hug for me for being SO brave! I don't think I'm even that brave!