4.04.2009

The Frostop

Today we watched the second session of Conference in Ashton at my Grandpa's House. Before the priesthood session started we went to the Frostop. (Last week when I was in Ashton we had a root beer there and ever since then I had been wanting one again... Weird craving I know, the slushy ice just tasted good.)
I worked here the summer between my Junior and Senior year in High School. Such fond memories:)... I had a repeat customer for about a week that was fishing somewhere and he would stop in and order a vanilla icecream cone. I would make the icecream cone as high as I could get it, 7 or 8 twists and he would tip me $20. That was a good week;)
Emme LOVES to chew ice and so she was also crazy over the drink... She was so focused when it came she didn't even want to look at me for the picture!
Gracee and my mom drinking their root beers.
Gracee had to get a picture with Grandma's BiG mug!
The root beer was alright, not near as good as I remembered... Being pregnant not only effects my taste buds but my memory as well! I don't think I need to hurry back to the Frostop any time soon:)
My mom worked at the Frostop when she was in high school as well. We were joking that if Gracee and Emme worked there when they were older they would be the third generation Frostop workers in our family. I asked Gracee if she wanted to work there when she was older and she said "um, probly not." I told her that was a very wise answer!

5 comments:

Olivia said...

I'm sad Grandpa didn't make it into any of these pictures. I know how he loves a good picture of himself! Looks like fun and I'm still sad I missed it!

Bethany said...

What a craving?! Frostop root beer sick! It was a wonderful trip down memory lane though! Too bad we never worked there together. I haven't been there since I worked there. We may have to go there since Terry just mentioned that he has never been and would probably like to go there :) Anyway, hope you are doing great!

Annie Oldham said...

I still haven't been there in all our trips up your direction. We need to do it sometime...

Cherish said...

I love the frostop!!

tania said...

I must know what tint you are using on your pictures here! Did you do it in photoshop?