1.28.2009

Keeping Gracee Busy!

Since it has been so cold lately we haven't even wanted to play out in the snow. As long as Gracee has Emme to play with things are great. However when I try to take Emme into her bed Gracee will grab onto her legs and say "no, no, you can't take her to bed! who will I play with?" I then have to whisper to Gracee that we are going to do something really fun to get her mind off Emme taking a nap... So everyday during Emme's nap we do her "schoolwork" (a workbook that goes over her abc's) and then we do a craft or something fun.
One day Gracee made some muffins and she really did it all by herself. (I did get the milk out, turn on the oven, and get them out but other than that she did everything and she was pretty excited about it!
Photobucket
On one occasion I hadn't preplanned anything fun for Gracee to do while Emme was napping and this is what I came up with on the spot and surprisingly it is one of her favorites so far.
Gracee's pictures are on the left. The top one is a sailboat in the water (if you look close enough and use your imagination you can see it in the far left corner). Her bottom picture is a smiley face. I asked her why she didn't make her face smile but she assured me that it was smiling and pointed to all the up turned noodles and said, "see, they all up and smiling." Also on her face is hair along the top, eyes, a nose and ears. The other pictures I made because making macaroni pictures it NOT fun to do all by yourself!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Gracee is so sweet! Evelyn is asking all day "Is it Hannah's nap time yet?" so she can have some time all on her own. Love the projects, thanks for the good ideas!