12.11.2008

November Highlights

I finally downloaded my pictures from camera and thought I had better write about November before Christmas is over:)
We spent Thanksgiving in Arizona and getting there was quite the adventure!! Ruffin was already in St. George so we caught a ride there with my Grandpa Clark. Gracee and Emme did really well in the car and watched their Barbie Christmas Carol movie over and over! We stopped in Salt Lake and celebrated Olivia's Birthday with her, we went to Texas Roadhouse and then later got some desert (it was all yummy:)
We stayed overnight in Salt Lake, my girls and I stayed at Olivia's and Grandpa stayed at a hotel... My girls loved swimming in the pool!
Emme was so tired after swimming she snuggled down in Grandpa's bed:) Grandpa was also nice to let them do a little jumping on it as well:)
After going to church with Olivia we headed to St. George. When we got there we were all excited to see Ruffin and be out of the car! Emme who had been Grandpa's little shadow was quite upset that he was leaving us, she kept saying "papa, papa" in the saddest little voice. We stayed in St. George until Tuesday and then got in the car again for part 3 of our road trip! On the way to my brother's house we made a couple of stops the first one was Hoover Dam.
Gracee and Emme were amazed and listened to all that Ruffin had to tell them!
When we got to Phoenix we stopped at Cerreta's Candy CO. We always stop when we go see Ruffin's Grandma however we are yet to get there at 10 am or 1 pm when they do tours, maybe someday:) The mints are my favorite and it is just a fun place to stop! After we got our candy we went to see Ruffin's Grandma before heading to Chandler. It was good to see her, she isn't doing very good and is in and out of consciousness but when she saw that we were there she lifted her head and said "well, I'll be." I don't know that she recognized us but she seemed pleased we had come.
After a long day of traveling we finally arrived at Annie and Jonathan's and were so excited to see them! Annie cooked a really yummy Thanksgiving dinner and it was all over way too quickly! We did some fun things while we were there and not only did we enjoy being with family but the weather was really warm as well!
Some fun things we did:
Playing at the park, even though it was dark it was still nice enough to play outside! Emme loved swinging with Lilly!
Being SILLY with Aunt Ollie!
We went on a couple of walks and Grace and Emme both LoVeD all the pretty flowers that were blooming.
We went to a couple of different malls and they both have puppy stores... My girls had so much fun looking at them.
We also went to the Phoenix zoo...
We loved seeing the elephants, (Gracee doing her impression of an elephant.)
Our other favorite animals to see are the monkeys... Gracee and I swinging on the monkey bars:)
We didn't ride in this cart around the zoo but the next time I go to the Phoenix zoo I am DEFINITely renting one!
Olivia documenting the day...
We even had fun swimming! (Gracee and Ruffin were actually only brave ones, it wasn't quite warm enough for me.)
Our trip was SO SO much fun! We loved seeing Jonathan and Annie and playing with Lilly! We had such a GREAT Thanksgiving! Thanks for letting us come!!!

4 comments:

Olivia said...

I miss you guys!! I'm counting down the days to Christmas fun!!! only 5 left!! Can't wait! Love Ya!!

britt said...

Sounds like a fun trip, we go to Mesa every other summer and have a great time! I think you are smart for going in Nov, we always go in the hot months. You don't even look pregnant.

Annie Oldham said...

We're so glad you came. I admit there was a moment after we invited everyone that we looked at each other and thought, "What were we thinking?!?" But I'm so glad everyone came. It was so much fun, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Cherish said...

Cute pics, looks like lots of fun. When are you going to start looking pregnant, you tiny little thing?!?!