7.22.2008

Chewing Toothpaste

I was busy folding laundry this morning thinking to myself Gracee and Emme sure have entertained themselves for awhile. They were playing and being quite loud about it too, the noise never makes me nervous but the silence is when I know I had better go looking... I found them in my bedroom, they had pulled all the pillows off and were curled up in them. They both had a handful of corn chips and Grace was squeezing toothpaste on the chips like easy cheese. I retrieved the toothpaste from Gracee and asked her how much she had swallowed and she looked at me with a big smile and said "Oh mom, I didn't swallow any, I just chewed it." I didn't even have to ask if Emme had swallowed any because of the blue ring around her mouth I figured she had also been chewing some toothpaste.
I obviously did not get them their snack soon enough:) The good news is that they only had a travel size tube of toothpaste and it wasn't even half gone.

5 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Okay, Liz, this is probably the funniest thing I have heard all day. :) Thanks for the laugh! Your kids are cute.

Cherish said...

Sounds yummy, can I come to your house for snack?

Olivia said...

That sounds familiar: Me- "Gracee where's your gum? Did you swallow it?" Gracee - "I not SWALLOW it Ollie I chew it!" Good thing I'm not an avid gum chewer and only have it in my bag on occasion.

Ashley said...

This kind of makes me sick to my stomach.....Toothpaste on crackers. Hmmmm....

Jessie said...

Ahhh! So so cute, I love me a kid who chews toothpaste!