When I was pregnant with Gracee I heard all sorts of advice on how to take care of her and be a good mother to her. I don't remember anybody ever telling me that this little infant would teach me so much. I did realize that I would be taught greater patience as a mother but I didn't realize that I would be taught so much more...
Last week we were in Wal-mart and Gracee saw a baby in a carrier and looked up at me and said "mom look a baby, and that baby had a big sister, jus like me a big sister." We walked out the door and Gracee pulled on my arm and got my attention to the point that I stopped and she had my undivided attention. She then said to me with a very serious face "mom I love that baby, and mom I love that big sister." Not only I am learning from my 3 year old that we should love everyone, but how easy it is to love everybody.
Gracee's prayers go something like this...
Heavenly Father love Emme, love mommy, love Daddy, love Grandma Rooney and love Ollie, love our home (she then swings her right arm in front of her body each time she says someone new and says) Love ALL the mommies, love ALL the babies, love ALL the daddies, Love ALL the Grandmas and love ALL the little girls in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
She always prays for Grandma Rooney and Ollie (in that order too, if she gets them out of order she will say "no wait" and then say them in the right order.) The past few days however she has been praying for everyone:) I asked her after one prayer why she didn't pray for boys and she looked at me and said "mom, we not have little boys only little sisters."
This has definitely been a profound unplanned lesson in my life... I can honestly say that I look up to my little 3 year old. I want to love everyone like she does! This is what it talks about in the scriptures when it says become like a little child, I really believe that Gracee is teaching me how to love like our Savior Jesus Christ does.
*Emme really wasn't bugged with the first hug Gracee gave her, just the reinacted one:) This morning I got Emme out of her crib and she squirmed out of my arms and literally ran with open arms to Gracee and gave her a big hug, it totally made Gracee's day and melted my heart! These are moments I want to ALWAYS remember!!!!
4 comments:
Your girls are just precious. Such little sweeties.They are getting so big. Enjoy your weekend
I love that Gracee prays for me. Give her a big hug for me and tell her I can use all the prayers I can get.
I could cry... out of the mouth of babes right?! They are so sweet and innocent. :)
What a sweet and sensitive girl! Sometimes sensitive is used in a negative way, but I mean it in every sense of the positive way.
I'm waiting for the day our girls will hug like that, but I can tell they do love eachother.
What a sweet blog, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment