2.20.2008

My week in Review

Last Wednesday Ruffin, Gracee, Emme and I drove to Salt Lake. Ruffin dropped Emme and I off at Olivia's classroom to help her file some papers and he then took Gracee to Provo to watch his brother Verle wrestle at the state tournament.
Emme had fun making a mess on the floor while we filed tons and tons of papers:)!
Valentines Day was SO much fun! Ruffin met us in SLC and we enjoyed most of the day together! We ate lunch at Cafe Rio, went shopping and had fun just being together! While we were at the mall Ruffin let Gracee and Emme ride dumbo and bought them suckers (they were having a blast being spoiled by their daddy)!
OshKosh was having a super HUGE sale so of course I was trying lots of things on Gracee. While I was trying something on Emme, Gracee briefly went missing... Finally she came out of the dressing room she had locked herself in, dressed in not only boy clothes but size 6mo. boy clothes. It seems she was briefly fed up with all the pink:)
Ruffin stayed the rest of Thursday and Friday in Provo watching Verle wrestle while I went back home with my sister and my girls. Thursday night we stayed with my Aunt Farris in Layton. Gracee absolutely loves Grandma Farris (that's what Gracee calls her, she is actually my great Aunt) Anyway I just hope to have the energy she does when I am her age! Aunt Farris crawled all over the house playing Bear with Gracee and Aaron (Aunt Farris's Grandson).
Gracee was introduced to Air Hockey and had a ball playing it!
Aunt Farris helped Gracee and Aaron break the leftover pancakes up to feed the birds... Gracee and Aaron didn't have the patience to wait and see if any birds came and ate the snack:)
We always have so much fun staying with Aunt Farris, she is so Sweet!
When we got back to Idaho Olivia gave Gracee her belated birthday present... Tupperware dishes! Gracee was in Heaven playing with these and having a party with her Aunt Ollie! Olivia even baked a mini cake to put in the cake holder (what a fun Aunt!!!!)
Gracee was the perfect hostess for her little party!
Grandma Rooney was also a guest at Gracee's Party.

Other things I have been up to this week... Cleaning up pen off the sofa, crayon off the walls and cupboards. I have been doing alot of deep breathing this week:)
On a positive note with Gracee, I bought her the Leap Frog Letter Factory dvd and in less than one week she knows almost half of the sounds to the ABC's. I highly recommend this dvd for those teaching their kids the abc's and their sounds.
Emme is continuing to get more and more sturdy on her feet. When we were at Olivia's classroom she took about 8 steps. She is getting more courageous every day!
I am loving life with two very energetic girls! We have our moments like the other day when we were in Wal-Mart and I had two screaming girls and I was nearly in tears but the good times always out weigh the bad:)!
Overall we have had a great week!

9 comments:

Olivia said...

So glad for the new post! I love reading them even though I was there for over half of it and new all the rest of the stories! It's kinda like reading an old journal entry. It made my night.

Joe and Mary said...

My kids were screaming in wal-mart too along with target and costco. I've learned to just smile as everyone looks at me.

rachel said...

your scrapbook pages are so cute! sounds like you had a fun valentines day!

The Riries said...

Hey Liz! It's Kathryn! I found your link and would love to be blogging buddies! Our blog is www.theriries.blogspot.com. I saw Ruffin the other day and it sounds like you guys are doing so good. By the way, I love all your scrapbooking pages! Do you do digital, or regular, or both? Tell Ruffin and your girls we say hi!

Erin said...

I'm glad you had fun! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up!

Elise said...

Liz, you are an amazing scrapbooking women. Oh, David saw Ruffin the other day and said you were all doing well. I was showing Marsha your blog and she said, "Have you seen Liz lately." I said no why? She said, "Liz is so skinny and look great!" So way to go I still have some baby weight I need to address. When the weather starts to be nice it will be long walks up the hill for me. Hope you are still loving living in a house and not in an apartment.

Joe and Mary said...

SO you talked me into doing the digital srapbooking. Do you have to get photoshop or are there others you can choose from. I need he easiest thing out there!! please help!!

The Riries said...

Hey Liz! So glad we're blog buddies! Things are going great with us, just both working while Adam completes his online graduate degree. I just recently "converted" to digital scrapbooking for the exact same reasons--it's so much easier and cheaper! I'm still getting the hang of it. I'll totally have to check out the links on your blog, and occassionally bother you with a question or two. :) So glad to see you guys are doing so well! Oh, and stay tuned, I'm hoping to have a post about our proposal up on our blog soon. :)

aunt choody said...

What a cute family. Keep up the good work!