11.21.2007

Gratitude

Finally I have the chance to get on the internet. We have been having a blast in St. George. I am behind on my Gratitude list so I will just catch up and finish it off.
#1 I am grateful for the Thanksgiving Holiday. It is a season of giving thanks and a great time for me to realize all the things I have been truly blessed with!
#2 I am grateful for warm weather. It has been 70 degrees in St. George and I am LOVING it!!!
#3 Medicine. Gracee played outside and took her shoes off and got little sticklers in her feet... Anyway, it has been awful but I am grateful for medicine!
#4 Princess bandaids... They always make Gracee feel better (even if we don't put the bandaid on the actual hurt... last night her feet felt better after Ruffin put a bandaid on her arm:) She is so silly!
#5 Family... Being with family, making memories, I LOVE IT! I have loved this past week because I have got to spend so much time with Ruffin! He has done a little business here and there but for the most part we have been hanging out and having fun.
#6 Swimming Pools. Today we are going swimming and Gracee is SO SUPER excited, she thought we were going yesterday and got all excited and got her swimming suit on... it wasn't easy getting her dressed in regular clothes.
#7 Tai pan trading... Silly to be grateful for a store but I had to mention that a store just opened in St. George just 1 minute from Ruffin's parent's house:) I got to go yesterday by myself no kids, which by the way is a very rare thing, it was fun! I love that store (among others:)
#8 Ruffin's Sisters. For a couple of reasons #1 they are fun and very talented. it is fun to hang out and do stuff with them. #2 Gracee absolutely loves them! Yesterday Gracee woke up from a nap and did not want me she wanted her Aunt Maelee... It was cute. Anyway I am glad that she loves her aunts so much and they are good to play with her all Day pushing her on the swing for hours at a time:), doing her hair, and laughing with her (they were playing in a back room and their giggles could be heard throughout the house)
#9 Christmas Movies... They are a great way to get in the spirit of Christmas
#10 Laughter... I love laughing so hard I can barely breathe and my eyes start to water it is the best when someone is laughing that hard with me of course... Usually my sister between the hours of 12 and 1 AM... Good times! (Do boys laugh so hard they cry?)
#11 Food! I can't wait for Thanksgiving! Ruffin is not making the Turducken this year but rather a turken. Just the chicken cooked inside the Turkey... The Duck was alot of work to debone last year and by the time he deboned it there was not much meat left so sorry Martha we will be leaving the duck out of the recipe!
#12 My comfy bed... I appreciate it at home but i Am really grateful for it when I am traveling and get to sleep on the floor:)
#13 Sleeping on the floor... Only for a couple of nights usually makes my back feel good... Weird I know!
#14 Blogging I love keeping connected to friends and family that are far and close by!
#15 Going to Church. Gracee said to me the other day "mom, we go to church everyday, alright" I hope she likes it that much down the road... For now she loves nursery and gets so excited to go.
#16 Christmas because it is a time of giving and to celebrate the Birth of our Savior Jesus Christ
#17 The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
#18 Forgiveness... Can you imagine life without it. I am FAR from perfect and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have any friends!
#19 Good Health
#20 That I get to be with Ruffin, Gracee and Emme for the holidays. I love them!
Well 20 things might catch me up to Thanksgiving day but who knows I didn't really count. I am grateful for the idea to write things that I am grateful for because it has made me more appreciative of life and all the little things and all the big things. It will be neat to look back at this list years down the road! I will definitely make it a tradition every year!

No comments: