9.06.2007

State Fair

On Labor Day we went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair. It was unusally hot and crowded but despite those things we had fun. We looked in some of the buildings at the exhibits and had to leave one building rather quickly because Gracee was very determined to get behind the rope to play with a popsicle playhouse. The small dollhouse was even pink so you can imagine why, Gracee who loves pink, wanted so badly to get down and play with it. One of Gracee's favorite buildings was the ag building simply because of the kiddie pool full of beans that she could put her hands down in and play with. The major high light of the trip (if you asked Gracee or I) would certainly be the bag of cotton candy we got. I am not sure what Gracee likes more... The taste of the cotton candy or the fact that it was pink.
It took us a couple of hours to walk through the fair and by the time we made it back the the entrance we were exhausted. We were ready to go home... Ruffin stayed behind and stood by his booth taking the 4-10p.m. shift. I was just glad I didn't have to stay at the fair any longer because it was so incredibly hot.
The first little square of shade we could find was behind some
bleachers where we sat for awhile to cool off.
Gracee was being funny and layed down in the grass and said,
"me, nap" and closed her eyes. Ruffin obviously thought it was
a good idea.
I'm pretty sure Gracee was thinking what fun it would be to bury
Emme's legs
This did not get old for Gracee, she kept putting her head through
the holes and laughing.
Gracee and Emme in front of the largest pumpkins. The very biggest
was from Rexburg!
We had to take something back to show Grandma Rooney. The first
thing she asked when we got home was "did you see any sewing machines?"
This is how we all felt at the end of the day at the fair... If only they
made strollers to push the parents in... Gracee would at least try
to push it:)

2 comments:

ruffin said...

Boy, We have to have the cutest girls in the whole world. I have to admit that I really do love all the time tha tyou spend on this blog babe. i love you Tonz.
Ruffin

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how darling Emme's bow is! Could you PLEASE teach me how to make these. Do you just buy all your cute ribbon at Wal-Mart?..besides the stuff you got in Arizona? I am also wondering where you got those crocheted headbands. I saw some at Wal-Mart the other day, but they were adult-sized.