2.16.2010

{TEN} on Tuesday

A couple of weeks ago we had an impromtu Stake Conference. The visiting General Authority talked about Gratitude and the importance of Gratitude in our lives. I have decided that I am going to write ten things every Tuesday that I am grateful for.

1~ My family. I love my husband and my daughters so much and at the end of the day when I think of what I really am grateful for they always top the list.

2~ The Gospel. My Savior. The peace and perspective they give.

3~ Snuggling with my girls. I was busy the other day doing something when Emme came running to me and began to pull on my leg and began begging me "snuggle with me mommy, snuggle with me mommy!" I got a book and snuggled with her. Small moments like that in my day make the mundane things not seem so bad.

4~ Surprise visits from my sister. We had a fun weekend with her here.

5~ This past week I had one uninterrupted nights rest. I woke up ready to conquer the world.

6~ Living by family. My mom watched Emme and Lucie while I took Gracee to the specialist today, it made for an easy visit.

7~ Good nieghbors. I have a nieghbor named Mary who is one of the nicest ladies I have ever met. On Sunday she borrowed me 3/4 cup oil. I was grateful for her kindness.

8~ Little helpers.This week: Emme rinsed all the dishes in the sink all by herself, put away the silverware everyday. Gracee made her bed most mornings and helped tidy up the house every night. They may make quite a few messes but they are learning to be good cleaners:)!

9~ Spending time with family. This week I had my Grandpa and his wife Janis over for dinner along with my parents, my sister and cousin Marianna. We ate and played games and it is always good to be with people you love. We played the dice game, it made me miss my Grandma because we played that game with her alot, once again I am grateful for the gospel.

10~ A great husband. This morning he did Gracee's hair before he went to work. He is always doing little (and big) things to help me out. I am grateful for his thoughtfullness.

And of course a picture. Emme really takes her chore seriously and does a very good job putting the silverware away!

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

"3/4 cup oil"? For you lamp?

Liz  said...

Ha Ha! Funny Jonathan:) She could have filled my lamp though because she shops at Sams club and had a GIGAntiC container full of oil. Seriously the oil was to bake a cake, Olivia was making a crockpot cake. So no I wasn't borrowing oil because my lamp was running low just to bake a cake.

Ashley said...

Are you sure you didn't scan that picture out of a magazine?! She's so ridiculously darling!!!!!!!!!!!

Olivia said...

I'm pretty sure Mary is helping quite a few people fill their lamps she is an amazing lady and I don't really know her.
The picture of Emme makes me laugh - She does like to accessorize that one! If it's not a hat it's something else. Maybe she was pretending that she was on her way to Lilly's house and fun in the sun.

Jessica said...

I'm so glad to know you. Your blog always brings tears to my eyes. You are such a sweet woman. Thanks Liz!