Here I am counting out the erasers, they didn't get counted when they were taken out the packages so I got to count all 575 of them:). We had to count out each supply and get it all organized the night before. I was surprised to find that that is where the real work lies in the whole thing... We spent several hours unpackaging, counting, stacking and organizing to get it all ready to go for the ladies to put them together.


My official job for the night of the service project was refilling notepaper, and holding up the flag when we needed more volunteers at our station:)

My mom, Olivia and I waiting for the big crowd to come so we could started!

Can you believe that in just 2 hours the ladies (and the man we had at our station attending with his wife) put together 9,000 school kits.

I enjoyed helping with the school kits. In some countries children can't go to school because they cannot afford their supplies. It really warmed my heart as I thought of the children who would be able to get some education and better their lives! It also warmed my heart to think of the little children's faces light up when they found the bright colored pencils, eraser, and pencil sharpener.
I am grateful to have had this opportunity to help out with this event. It has had an effect on me as I have pondered those children who will be receiving them. My goal when my children start school is to buy all the things necessary to make a kit as we go school shopping. We may never put together 9,000 but it will be worth it even if we help one child go to school and learn!
5 comments:
HOw awesome! I LOVE doing Humanitarian work. We put school kits together last year as a family. How was Women's Conference? I'm pretty jealous that you got to go! Oh, and I saw Ruffin out with the girls, they were so cute. Ruff does a great job with their hair! I have to say I was impressed! lol. :)
Looks like a fun weekend, I can't wait to hear more. Sounds like Ruffin survived, talk to you soon.
All I can say is AWESOME! What an experience. The booster seat thing made me laugh really hard too!
What a wonderful opportunity to serve, and a great goal you've made for yourself! I'm glad you three had a great time. Love you!
I am totally jealous!
Post a Comment