A little update on Grace and Emme...Gracee has been taking Gymnastics for over a year now and I thought we would give dance lessons a try to see if she liked it better... She was so excited all day on Tuesday and kept saying to me "I go to dance jus like mommy!" After she was all dressed and had her ballerina hair bows in her hair I told her I wanted to take some pictures of her on her first day of dance... At first she just stood by the wall and then she put both hands in the air and said "I do an ara-bess" So we got some pictures of Gracee getting all prepped for her first dance class.
After we took the pictures of Gracee we went into town to the gymnastics building where the new dance studio is located... When we pulled up to the building Gracee said "mom where we at?" I told her that we were going to dance and she said "no mommy, I wanna dance where you dance." I have maybe told her twice as we have passed our neighbors house that it was where I go to dance... She obviously remembered and did not want to be going to the gymnastics building. The whole experience was down hill from there... Gracee did not want to leave my side and when I just left her she just hung onto the assistant teacher. It was apparent that she took an immediate disliking to the teacher who wasn't that overly friendly and seemed to get a little frustrated with the class of three, two of which wanted to do their own thing or nothing at all. So anyway I think we will just stick with Gymnastics for now or at least until she can go to the place where I go.As for Emme this week... She is still just being cute as ever... Here she is just making a mess until she got high centered and had to call for help:)
Aside from making messes Emme is growing like a weed, talking like crazy and melting my heart everyday! Emme's current words are momma, dada, dog, doll, uh-oh, ruff ruff (when asked what a dog says) and roar (when asked what a bear says) and her new word today was bow, she walked over to a bunch of bows I had out and said "bow." I love watching her grow and develop! The other day Gracee, Emme and I were all in my bathroom getting ready and I asked Emme to go get my phone and off she went. My phone was in the living room and I thought for sure she would come back empty handed but sure enough she came back with my phone in her hands. She handed it to me with a big smile on her face and was so proud of herself, it was priceless!! One more thing that Emme has started doing is when we sing "every letter has a sound A says" Emme will say "Aaa" She has been watching the Leap frog movie with Gracee and is learning her sounds:)On a side note: on Friday... Gracee got to go to a birthday party for Amberlee. The kids got to take a tour of the wildlife museum and gardens on campus. When we first arrived Gracee glanced over at the room with all of the stuffed animals and immediately panicked. I was able to convince her to go inside and she warmed up pretty fast and was soon petting the big stuffed bear. Next was a tour of the Green house and the Jungle as the tour guide called it... It was more like Summer in a box, it was 75 to 80 degrees with all sorts of tropical plants, I liked that part of the tour best!!! The kids then ate cake and Amberlee opened her presents. I had to explain to Gracee why she didn't get any presents and told her when it was her Birthday she would get some. When we got in the car Gracee said "mommy, I have a Birthdee soon alright!?!" I reminded her that she had just had her Birthday a couple of months ago so it would be a little while before she would have another one... I don't think she was very pleased.
After the Birthday party we visited Ruffin at work. Gracee and Emme love to visit their daddy at work and the elevator ride he takes them on every time is totally a bonus!
2 comments:
Give both of those little girls a hug for me. Miss you all!!
Poor Gracee. Don't give up yet, Maddy was exactly the same way her first two lessons even though she was excited. Now she would choose to be at dance every day. Hope you're having a great weekend.
Post a Comment