4.18.2008

Big Sister, Little Sister

Gracee has a book that is titled Big Sister, Little Sister and it is one of her favorites. So lately everytime she refers to Emme she will first point at herself and say "Big Sister" and then point at Emme and say "and you, Little Sister." Gracee also likes to get two of every thing so she can have one and "little sister can have one too!"
So I want to write some updates on Big Sister and Little Sister:)
Big Sister:
*She is doing really well at sharing with Emme. Every week at Gymnastics Gracee gets a gym buck so she saves hers for one week so that when she has 2 gym bucks she can buy 2 suckers one for her and one for "little sister."
*After everything I tell Gracee she says "Cause Why??" I then explain it and she says "cause why?" This continues until she gets bored or I don't have any explanation left to give.
*When I go to do anything Gracee will ask "what ya doin?" She wants to know every move I make!
*She loves loves loves to read!!!!! Whenever I can't find her she is usually sitting on her bed surrounded by a couple dozen books dramatically telling herself the story.
*She talks non-stop and is constantly making up some story to tell me.
*Gracee is a drama QUEEN, when she is being sassy I get down to her level and tell her that we are going to be friends for billions of years so she had better be nice to me... This always causes her to start to giggle and most of the time she will say "oh I love ya mommy" and she gives me a gigantic hug. So that trick is working for now, it probably won't tame her attitude when she is a teenager though:)
*She loves to be outside and loves to go to the park and swing! (I am such a softie we will probably end up going every day this summer that it is warm.)
*Everything that Gracee does she wants to "do it by my own selves." She is growing up WAY TOO FAST!!!
*Gracee is such a happy little girl and I love her little smile!!
Little Sister:
*Emme is talking like crazy, she can say new words every week. Her latest words are: more, milk and "pease." We taught her the signs for these words so occasionally she will sign them but usually she will just say them.
*She loves everything her big sister does, she always wants the same doll, cup or whatever Gracee has.
*She gives the sweetest kisses, sometimes they are open mouthed and with a big grin on her face:)
*Emme loves to take her baths and play with the toys in the water, she does not like to be taken out!
*She loves her doll house and will play with it for 10-15 minutes at a time!
*Emme is such a tease and gets the cutest twinkle in her eye when she knows she is doing something she isn't supposed to.
*She loves to climb and climb and climb! Her latest accomplishment in this department is our kitchen stools... A little stressful for me but when she gets herself up there she is quite proud of herself.
*Emme is learning to go down the stairs. One day I was in the laundry room and it was quiet for awhile so I went to see what was going on and I found the gate thrown down and Gracee right beside Emme helping her up the stairs. It seems Gracee thought it was time to teach Emme how to get up and down the stairs... Gracee looked up at me with a big smile on her face with a hand behind Emme's back and said "we go all the way down and then we jus comin up mommy." Emme is such a good sport and was doing just what Gracee would tell her to do.

2 comments:

Cherish said...

What sweet sisters. The girls get more adorable everday.

Olivia said...

I love being a big sister and having a little sister. What fun! My favorites of this post is Gracee telling herself stories and reading and helping Emme climb up and down the stairs I can just see it!