We had Activity Days today and it was so much fun. The month of February has been all about health and nutrition. This week’s focus was hair and nail care so we had fun doing a Lemon Hand Healer and painting nails. We then finished off the activity with a healthy smoothie. One of the girls said…, “this is the best activity ever”, so I think they had fun!
These are the things we talked about……..
Hair Hints
* Have a Trim Even if you are trying to grow your hair out, you need to have your hair trimmed every four to six weeks. It will get rid of dead split ends and will even help your hair grow faster. (When getting a hair cut REMEMBER to uncross your legs or you’ll get an uneven cut.)
* Use cold water Make your final rinse a cold one. It will really make your hair shine.
* Recycle old Jewelry Rings can dress up hair ties. Pins can become great barrettes with a bobby pin or two. A necklace turns into a creative headband. Clip on earrings make great hair accents. Be Creative and have fun!
Heavenly Hands
* Store Polish in the refrigerator for a longer life.
* Always roll, never shake the bottle, or you are sure to get bubbles. Just roll the bottle between your palms. That’s more than enough to thoroughly mix polish.
* Dip nails in ice water for ten seconds to set color.
* Apply lotion to your nails and hands daily to maintain your manicure.
* Avoid quick drying polishes. They have a large amount of acetone, which dries out polish and causes cracks. Use regular polishes instead for a manicure that will last three times longer.
* Lemon Hand healer This lemon paste penetrates and heals dry skin. Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey, and one-quarter cup of olive oil. Massage as a paste over clean hands and cover with a plastic bag for twenty minutes. Rinse well.
8 comments:
Ok, I finally did it I started a blog so you'll have to look. It's not anywhere near as cute as yours though
I am totally stealing this Acheivment Day idea! :) THanks for the great idea Liz!
Looks like everyone had tons of fun. What cute ideas!!!
ur perfect for that calling! cute! im excited to see ya on thurs!
It was so fun talking to you this afternoon, I knew I would forget and should have wrote it down, what was the name of that site you told me about for Activity Days??
We will definitly have to get together next week. Give me a call and we'll make plans.
Sooooo cute! Yet another success in life. I didn't know that you were acheivement day girls leader! You get the best of both words now teaching and playing doing girly things!
Love this idea! You're so girly girl, I'm sure you are a great activity leader.
Post a Comment